IMPORTANT PROVINCE-WIDE MEETINGS APRIL 25TH – OBSERVE BY ZOOM
On April 25th, the BCGREA is having two important meetings that may be of interest to you. We have set up ta video link so members can observe the proceedings
THESE MEETINGS WILL PROVIDE A GOOD SNAPSHOT OF THE CURRENT PLANS OF THE BCGREA, AND I INVITE YOU TO OBSERVE SHOULD YOU WISH TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOUR ASSOCIATION.
The first meeting is an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) to address proposed changes to our constitution
- To establish our status as a member-funded society under the Societies Act
- To change the purpose statement of the Association in part to reflect our involvement with other non-profit seniors’ organizations and
- To extend the terms of office for the president and 2 Vice-Presidents from one to two years.
The EGM meeting will commence at 9:00 am on the 25h with delegates from all of the branches attending.
This link below provides the text of the proposed resolutions as submitted.
We will also draw the winners of our three prizes that were part of our recent membership recruitment initiative. We will draw for a $250, a $500, and a $750 prize from the list of members that signed up between April 2022 and February 28, 2023.
Following the EGM, the afternoon session will consist of the directors of the Association addressing topics, including
- our recent membership drive that increased our membership by over 3500 people,
- consideration of a new database/client management package, given these increases and
- a discussion of the Association’s finance and the best options to ensure we can provide a full level of service at both the Provincial and Branch levels moving forward.
Under our bylaws, members at large are entitled to attend and observe meetings. Given the size constraints of the meeting rooms, we have decided to employ an audio-visual service to assist us. In-person observation is unfortunately not available for these meetings.
Don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com with any questions or comments.
This notice is being provided both by email and on our website. The link for the zoom meeting webcast is:
Meeting ID: 871 9457 0250